• This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Birthcare does not own or control, or to people that Birthcare does not employ, contract or manage.
Information Collection and Use
• Birthcare collects personally identifiable information when you register for a Birthcare service, and while in the care of a Birthcare nurse, partner, or lactation consultant.
• When you are receiving services from Birthcare, we ask for your name, name of your partner, name of your physician(s), birth date, full address including postal code, and general health information about you and if applicable, your baby. We may also keep clinical records upon service visits. Once you register with Birthcare and consent to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
• Birthcare DOES NOT receive or record information from server logs from your browser, nor do we track your browsing on our web site(s).
• Birthcare uses information for two general purposes: to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to contact you about services and products.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
• Birthcare will NOT sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
• Birthcare will send personally identifiable information about you to other service providers or people when:
• We have your consent to share the information;
• We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
• We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Birthcare to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process;
• Birthcare retains client records for a period of 10 years for adults and for minors for 20 years in a secure location. After this time, the records are destroyed.